We are continuing to study an interesting book about Google’s culture and practices:
Chapter 2 covers:
- Working in isolation vs working in a team.
- Amount of time that you and your team spend communicating and in interpersonal conflict. How a small investment in understanding personalities and working styles of yourself and others can go a long way toward improving productivity.
- If you want to work effectively with a team or a large organization, be aware of your preferred working style and that of others.
Here is the book we are studying:
Sharing my mind map with all the details as usual:
- Software Engineering at Google - Chapter 1 - What is Software Engineering
- Designing Data-Intensive Applications - Chapter 12 - The Future of Data Systems
- System Design Interview - Chapter 8 - Design a URL Shortener
- System Design Interview - Chapter 7 - Design a Unique ID Generator in Distributed Systems
- System Design Interview - Chapter 6 - Design a Key-Value store