Earlier the book club of our company has studied excellent book:
This is the best book I have read about building complex scalable software systems. 💪
As usually I prepared an overview and mind-map.
Chapter 12 is a summary of the book and a visionary view of the future.
- Data Integration.
- Overview of the ways we have to integrate data.
- Causality and why we need Total Order and Idempotency.
- Transactions and Linearizability
- Limitations of Total Order.
- Lambda architecture and unifying batch and stream processing as the most perspective approach.
- Unbundling Databases.
- Overview of composing data storages together.
- Designing apps around Dataflow.
- Usage of derived states.
- Aiming for Correctness: what problems to consider and how to deal with them.
- End-to-end fencing token.
- How to process multi-partition requests.
- Timeliness and Integrity issues. Apology workflow in business.
- Meta approach: Trust, but Verify.
- Doing the Right Thing.
- Predictive Analytics is discriminating people! We have responsibility and accountability here.
- Privacy is conflicting with Tracking. Total surveillance should be legislated and self-regulated.
- Designing Data-Intensive Applications - Chapter 9 - Consistency and Consensus
- Designing Data-Intensive Applications - Chapter 11 - Stream Processing
- Designing Data-Intensive Applications - Chapter 10 - Batch Processing
- Designing Data-Intensive Applications - Chapter 1 - Reliable, Scalable, and Maintainable Applications
- Designing Data-Intensive Applications - Chapter 8 - The Trouble with Distributed Systems